Sure I remember my high school. Not everything about it of course but I remember a lot from that time. Why am I blogging about high school? Well, I recently found out that the movie, Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion is already 20 years old!
- our kooky teacher (my old, and I mean old 4th yr. high school adviser)
- our gym teacher who – yes had a muscular body (you could tell just by looking at his chest) but really not hot but is kind of a heartthrob among some of the female students (I suppose it’s because there was a lack of the male population in school)
- and the strict ones – the disciplinarians who kept us in the classroom long after school’s dismissed to teach us a lesson for being so noisy and rowdy
- a trip to the library – not for the books but for the computers and the air con. You see, back then our classrooms were not air conditioned (which I am so thankful for because I’m super lamigin) and the Internet with its chat sites were so new (OptiChat was the go-to chat site back then. Silly classmates just chatted with each other online anyway).
- Sayawit – If you have to ask what that is, well simply put it’s sayaw and awit put together. It’s a thing held in school around February, about a month before the finals and school closes for the summer. All high school students, from all batches, are required to perform on stage. Freshmen and sophomores are made to dance – folk dance while the juniors and seniors sang folk songs. No classes were held during that time of the year because we all had to practice.
Like Romy and Michelle, I wasn’t part of the A group – you know the popular ones neither was I part of the C group – the very smart ones but because I had my friends in high school, I had fun.