Two weeks into the new year and the new decade and I’m finally blogging about the projects I want to do for this year. I revisited my 2019 projects too to see which of them I was able to achieve; would want to continue or restart for this year.
1. Invisible Money Challenge
I started saving Php50 every time I got one. I was off to a good start but somewhere along in the middle I stopped. But I started it again in October and was able to save about Php3,000. And I’ve been continuing this practice since the year started.
Also this year, I decided to add to it. Every new Php10 coin I get, I will save.
I guess I just needed the right motivation to keep on doing it. Nope, not travel. Something else entirely.
2. GoodReads Reading Challenge
As a booklover, this is one challenge I really love participating in. Sometimes I successfully meet the challenge (hello 2014, 2018!) and sometimes I fall short of the number of books I set myself to read (2019!). This year’s goal – read 12 books!
UPDATE (January 2021):
Since I’ve been staying home and limiting my time outside, I’ve been able to read and as a result, I’ve been able to not only reach my goal but exceed it too.
3. Be More Environment Friendly
It’s a project I started last year – to do my share of helping to save Mother Earth. After all, we only have one planet! It’s not really easy to do in all honesty. But I’m trying!
- Recycling brown paper bags (Drop them off at Silent Beads)
- Recycling plastic bottles (Drop them off at Green Antz)
- Bringing my own tumbler for coffee now
- Gcash Green Forest – virtual tree planting by collecting green energy from using the app. Gcash will plan a real tree for you
Leave a Reply