After days of watching dark films and/or series on Netflix like the much talked about Bird Box starring Sandra Bullock and YOU starring Pretty Little Liars alum Shay Mitchell and Gossip Girl alum, Penn Badgley, the newest series release of Netflix, Sex Education was a refreshing break.
- Otis is the socially awkward teenage boy with the aversion to sex
- Eric, his best friend, starts out to be the cliche best friend but as the series progressed, his character’s role deepens – from the struggles with bullying, his gay identity and his home life
- Maeve, the rebel girl, learns to embrace the fact that she’s smart
- Jackson, the popular jock, is revealed to struggle with the adults’ expectation of his success as a swimming star
- Aimee is portrayed as an airhead but as the show progressed, is revealed to be someone sweet